Thursday, May 31, 2012

17

Seventeen days left in my career as a teacher.

Only seventeen kids in class today, wow. Three were absent. The dynamics of what you're able to do change so dramatically when the number gets that low. Everything seems so much more personal, each child stands out a little more. It is a wonderful group I have this year.

I spent a couple of hours after school writing an impassioned email to some of my colleagues. It sits in my drafts folder right now. How many of those have I written over the years? The ones written, and not sent...

Not wanting to unnecessarily burn bridges, and yet wanting to speak my mind, this is where I am right now. I have to ask myself what the net effect will be. This one is for the good of the school, I know it. Still I waver.

No comments:

Post a Comment